Great opportunity for a Cardiovascular Technologist (CV Tech)
position at a hospital located in Southwest, Ohio.
This is a day shift position.
Offering Relocation Assistance Responsibilities of the Cardiovascular Technologist (CV Tech)
Requirements of the Cardiovascular Technologist (CV Tech)
- The Cath Lab Technician demonstrates critical thinking skills and judgment in assisting with the performance of imaging studies in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Requires the ability to scrub and assist the physician in performing diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic procedures.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards to patients.
- Performs scrub duties according to standard care of plan, physician preference, policy and procedure.
- Performs daily checklist prior to the start of procedures. Performs check of Code Cart on operational days per policy.
- Operates and positions all digital imaging equipment for procedures on patients of all ages.
- Assists with set up of digital imaging equipment for procedures on patients of all ages
- Performs vessel and LV analysis in the interventional labs
- Assesses patient’s understanding of process and informed consent of invasive procedures. Maintains privacy and confidentiality of patient information in verbal, written, and electronic form.
- Performs patient monitoring pre, during and post procedure and reports abnormal findings and changes to the physician / RN.
- Reports and documents post procedure status to appropriate staff.
- Works under the direction of the Radiologist at all times.
- Operates and troubleshoots all equipment in labs (i.e. MERGE, Toshiba and Cardiac related equipment).
- Operates pressure injector. Balance transducers to mercury. Balance physiologic monitor to mercury.
- Sends all information to PACS efficiently and effectively.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Sciences or training program. Licensed as a Registered Radiologic Technologist by the State of Ohio and registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification preferred.
About the area:
The city is situated within a one hour driving distance to Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus. This city has many festivals throughout the year including Oktoberfest, Corn Festival, Music Festivals, etc. If you love the outdoors, this is the place for you with a golf course, nature preserves, and state parks nearby. The town is also home to many independent business owners and antique shops. They even still have a covered bridge in town! If you are looking for a small town where everybody knows their neighbors, a low cost of living, yet close to big cities, this is the place for you.