Currently seeking a Core Lab Team Leader
in the Charlotte area of North Carolina.
There is an Evening shift, a Night shift and a Day shift position available
Responsibilities of the Core Lab Team Leader
- Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team resulting in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending. A minimum of 70% of each day is focused on continuous improvement.
- Ensures the quality of testing in area of responsibility. Investigates testing quality issues and implements countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence. Documents abnormal conditions or quality issues and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures the development of standard work and the training and development of Teammates.
- Audits processes to ensure that Teammates are following the established standard work. Coaches Teammates if standard work is not being followed and informs the Group Leader.
- Responsible for supporting the continuous flow of specimens throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures point of use storage is maintained, including proper labeling, organization, and communication with Materials Management regarding changes in demand, additions, and deletions.
- Maintains 5S conditions within area of responsibility to ensure safety and quality standards are maintained. Uses visual control audits as appropriate. Ensures Teammates are wearing the proper PPE and working safely.
- Monitors the productivity of the team and answers Andons promptly for area of responsibility and other Team Leader's area when appropriate and/or necessary. Provides necessary support for Teammates. Performs troubleshooting of instruments or other equipment items if possible. Communicates and confirms with the Teammate that problem issue is understood before closing out the problem.
- Covers gaps for call outs, project time, personnel needs, and unexpected teammate absences.
- Informs the Group Leader of any personnel situations that might be considered abnormal or extreme. Catalyst in launching team building activities. Receptive to trends or changes in team spirit.
Requirements of the Core Lab Team Leader
- Must be an ASCP registered Medical Technologist or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- MUST have strong hospital experience in a high volume lab.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
About the facility:
This Level 1 Trauma Center has evolved into the largest hospital in the region and world-class facility that offers a full range of services to the community specializing in all areas of medicine.