Great opportunity for a Diabetes Clinical Dietitian Educator
in the southwestern area of Nebraska.
New Graduates welcomed to apply.Responsibilities of the Diabetes Clinical Dietitian Educator:
Requirements of the Diabetes Clinical Dietitian Educator:
- Diabetes clinical dietitian educator educates patients, patient’s family members, affiliated healthcare workers and the community about care management and the necessary lifestyle changes involved in a diabetes diagnosis including nutrition, medication, physical activity and glucose testing.
- Work cooperatively with all disciplines and the medial staff in the development of programs and plans of care.
- Assisting with the quality coordinator for the facility's diabetes education program, ensuring appropriate data is collected and quality goals reached in compliance with the national standards for diabetes self-management education and support.
- Makes follow up calls and home visits to clients for assessment of previous education and need for further teaching, referrals and data collection for improvement.
- Complete and submit appropriate information necessary for clinical documentation and billing. All patient documentation will be completed in accordance with hospital policies.
- Provide timely and clear documentation for inpatient and outpatient settings, including proper documentation of evaluation and management plans.
- Actively participates in professional growth and development opportunities to stay current in their field.
- Regularly attends daily interdisciplinary team meetings and monthly endocrinology POC meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical profession
- Registered Dietitian (required)
- Certified Dietitian Educator (preferred)
- Experience needed - minimal 1 year of direct patient care but will accept new Graduates.
- Certified Diabetes Educator status from the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators (NCBDE) or certification obtained within two years of date of hire preferred
About the Facility and the Area:
This facility is a nonprofit, full accredited, regional referral center serving west Nebraska, northern Kansas and northern Colorado. They offer advanced medical services, including heart and vascular, cancer, orthopedic services, services, and l level III trauma center.
The home of Buffalo Bill has tons of great options for anyone looking to have fun and if you want a sure-fire good time just look for Buffalo Bill’s Buffalo of Approval. From great outdoor activities, to sipping locally crafted beverages, to exploring the area’s unique history you’ll find something for everyone in the area.