Immediate opening for a Director of Health Information Management (HIM)
in the southern area of New Mexico.
Offering Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance with commitment
Responsibilities of the Director of Health Information Management (HIM)
Requirements of the Director of Health Information Management (HIM)
- Directs the overall operations of the Health Information Management department, which includes: Ensuring the integrity of all patient records, scanning/chart reconciliations, the releaseof information, physician dictation, and physician compliance with facility bylaws. In accordance with regulatory bodies.
- The HIMD must provide systems for acquiring, analyzing, storing, and retrieving information so that it can be readily available when needed
- The HIMD ensures the appropriate dissemination and communication of all regulation, policy, and guideline changes to affected personnel.
- Under the general direction of the CFO and as a member of the Revenue Cycle team, the HIMD will be expected to participate and assist in driving facility goals such as quality metrics, meaningful use, case mix index analysis, DNFB, and DNFC targets.
Benefits may include:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration, Health Information Management, Health Information Administration or related degree required.
- Required: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) with current active credentials required
- 5+ years with EHR creating, implementation, and management experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing a Health Information Management department in an acute care hospital, required.
- Strong relationship, analytical, and computer skills
About the facility:
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
This facility is accredited by The Joint Commission and a Level III Trauma Center.
This area is nestled in the mountains and mesas of southern New Mexico. Close to the mountains for snow skiing. Close to the lake for boating and water skiing. This area and the surrounding communities are a wonderful place to raise a family, with good schools, and a growing business base to provide all the necessary service needs.