Currently seeking an Echo Tech
in the south central area of Virginia.Responsibilities of the Echo Tech:
Requirements of the Echo Tech:
- Performs cardiac ultrasound and other cardiology diagnostics for patient age groups adult through geriatrics.
- Has the knowledge and expertise to identify and document normal and abnormal cardiac anatomy and function, and performs diagnostic cardiac procedures throughout the hospital.
- Documents and distributes test results after physician interpretation.
- Assists physician in the performance of exercise stress testing (all modalities from initial hookup through recovery phase of testing), and will identify and document ectopic rhythms observed during testing.
- Has the knowledge or will learn to perform all aspects of holter monitoring from initial hookup through scanning and generation of reports.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent. Cardiovascular Ultrasound graduate.
- One year of experience in acute care setting or physicians’ office, preferred.
- Registry in cardiac ultrasound. – RDCS or RCS
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support required.
About the facility and the Area:
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day's drive of two-thirds of the nation's population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City's rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!