Great opportunity for a Electro Physiology Rad Tech
just south of Richmond, VA.
Offering Sign On Bonus and Continuing Education programs
Day shift; 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 pmResponsibilities of the Electro Physiology Rad Tech
Requirements of the Electro Physiology Rad Tech
- The EP/ radiologic technologist specializes in assisting with electrophysiology procedures and device implants performed in the Electrophysiology Lab.
- The radiologic technologist is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for patients, under the direction of registered nurse, for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process, environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Under the general supervision of the Interventional Lab Manager, the EP Technologist in collaboration with the physicians and nursing personnel assists with diagnostic and therapeutic invasive electrophysiology patient procedures, including cardiac device implantation in compliance with principles of sterile techniques.
- The Technician uses knowledge of the principles of radiographic imaging, 3D cardiac mapping of electrophysiological pathways, patient physiologic monitoring and cardiac arrhythmia recognition and pacing during EP ablation procedures.
- Prepares patient for the EP procedure, (i.e. scrub recording, circulating). The EP Technician collects and assembles data for database, outcome analysis and performance improvement.
- The technician assists with establishing protocols and competencies specific to EP and CRM. Performs other activities assigned by the manager to assure the department runs effectively and efficiently.
- This is an enterprise position. Will be expected, as needed, to assist with performing peripheral vascular procedures and accept work assignments in Cath Lab.
- Associate's degree
- ARRT, required.
- RT(R), RCES, IBHRE, AHA BLS preferred.
- One (1) year experience as an EP Technologist or equivalent clinical experience as part of education.
- Experience in core EP lab skills, i.e. Hemodynamic monitoring, intracardiac signal measurement, pacing protocols.
- Familiar with EP equipment and troubleshooting.
This facility is a community healthcare provider just south of the Richmond area of VA.