Currently seeking a Hematology Med Technologist
in the Charlotte area of North Carolina.
They have both evening and night shifts available; work every third weekend as well.
Responsibilities of the Hematology Med Technologist
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Recognizes unusual test results and difficulties while performing these procedures and makes necessary simple corrections.
- Teaches others performance of routine procedures.
- Assesses the urgency of a test and uses this assessment to prioritize workload.
- Prepares specimens for testing, verifies patient identification on samples and test requisition before testing, applies rules of specimen rejection and arranges for recollection.
- Uses and maintains equipment and instruments used in test performance, documents quality controls, performs minor troubleshooting, and maintains clean work area.
- Prepares reagents as required for test performance.
- Calculates, reports, and records test results. Analyzes results for critical values and reports results immediately.
Requirements of the Hematology Med Technologist
- MLT (ASCP) or equivalent or registry eligible; or Associates degree in chemical, biological or physical science and 1 year of clinical laboratory experience; or HEW license or MT (AMT) certification required. Hospital setting laboratory experience preferred.
About the facility:
This Level 1 Trauma Center has evolved into the largest hospital in the region and world-class facility that offers a full range of services to the community specializing in all areas of medicine.