Great opportunity for a Laboratory Manager
in the Sierra Mountains area of California.Responsibilities of the Laboratory Manager
Requirements of the Laboratory Manager
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operations and staff (clinical and non-clinical) of the Laboratory, Pathology and EKG; maintains effective business relationships which promote the services of the division. Accountable for safe, effective patient-family centered care in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Expert knowledge of principles and practices of effective management, supervision and leadership.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish working relationships with patients, staff and physicians.
- Ability to develop relationships with the various departments in order to establish a consistent and supportive process throughout the System.
- Highly effective collaboration skills, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to perform the duties of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related field
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License
- Nevada General Supervisor, Medical Technologist license or must have passed National exam (ASCP or AMT) and be able to obtain the aforementioned Nevada licensure within 6 months of start date.
- 3 years Lab Manager experience in a hospital setting.
This facility is an acute care hospital located in beautiful South Lake Tahoe and has been fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and the State of California.