Great opportunity for a Medical Surgical Nurse in the southern area of Pennsylvania.
This is a permanent, full time, position working 72 hours/2 weeks; a combination of 8 & 12 hour shifts, every 3rd weekend; every other holiday.
Responsibilities of the Medical Surgical Nurse
• Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation.
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
• Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
• Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
• Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated utilization of human, material and financial resources.
• Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
• Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
• Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
Requirements of the Medical Surgical Nurse
• RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
• BSN or higher level nursing degree is required by 12/31/2020
• • 2 years of Med/Surg nursing experience
• A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
CPR Certification required.
This facility is a not-for-profit hospital and designated a Magnet hospital for nursing excellent four consecutive times, They have been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety;