New opening for a Medical Technologist-Generalist
in the Northeast area of Nevada in the Central Basin area.
Shift: Evening from 12:30 pm to 11:00 pm/4 ten-hour days per week, alternating weekends and holidaysResponsibilities of the Medical Technologist-Generalist:
Requirement of the Medical Technologist-Generalist:
- Performs standard routine, complex, automated and manual lab techniques without direct supervision; insures proper functioning of lab equipment by performing preventative and corrective maintenance, and troubleshooting basic instrument malfunctions; calibrates and assesses the accuracy of lab equipment.
- Performs, evaluates, and records quality control measures and institutes corrective action as appropriate; assists in maintaining inventory and supplies; performs phlebotomy using age specific techniques; collects, prepares and determines acceptability of specimens; prioritizes assignment of test results and coordinates general workflow; recognizes normal, abnormal or unexpected results, errors and problems with patient test results; evaluates, interprets and reports test results; observes principles of data security/patient confidentiality.
- Assists in training of new assistants and technologists; supervises Laboratory Assistants; assists in evaluation of new methods and equipment; interacts with other healthcare workers to solve problems and interpret patient lab results; attends and participates in department meetings; and, performs other duties as assigned.
About the facility:
- Successful completion of National Registry Exam for Medical Technologist such as ASCP.
- Must meet requirements for certification as a NV General Laboratory Supervisor.
- 3 years of generalist experience.
A land of adventure, capable of stretching the limits of your adventure, meeting and/or convention to its fullest. The raw majesty of the Ruby Mountains and the rugged canyon streams will let you discover the unspoiled drama of the West. So whether your next adventure is a short trip up Lamoille Canyon, fishing at Southfork or Wild Horse Reservoirs, an ATV or snowmobiling trip at Merritt Mountain or just enjoying the many activities that the County has to offer, you will discover why "The Adventure Starts Here!"
The city sits at an elevation of 5,060 feet. This high desert community experiences four mild annual seasons. Fall is spectacular, heralding in warm days and cool evenings. Winter months bring average high temperatures between 37-43 degrees with lows averaging between 25-31 degrees. Spring months bring warmer temperatures accompanied by cool nights. During the warm summer months the average high falls between 80-90 degrees. Much of the County's precipitation comes in the form of snowfall. The annual average is less than 10 inches. The dry climate provides a moderate climate, making it an ideal year-round vacation spot to experience a variety of recreations and outdoor sports.