Great opportunity for a Neuroscience Nurse Manager
in the southern area of Pennsylvania.
This is a permanent, full time, day shift position with 24/7 accountability for the unit.Responsibilities of the Neuroscience Nurse Manager
Requirements of the Neuroscience Nurse Manager
- Manages and is accountable for the care delivered in a patient care department or area consistent with the mission and vision of the organization. Patient care includes patients of all ages.
- Develop and implement departmental objectives based on organizational goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate staffing and scheduling assignments. In order to drive departmental performance, assignments will reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, considering scope of practice, competencies, patient needs and complexity of care.
- Evaluate job performance of unit personnel by completing staff performance appraisals and competency assessments and by monitoring performance on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate nursing care with other healthcare disciplines to maximize patient care outcomes and resource allocation.
- Using input from staff, oversee recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel that are representative of the population diversity. Utilize various motivational strategies to increase staff morale and also provide counseling for employees as appropriate.
- Monitor the quality of patient care and safety, maintaining designated standards according to organization’s process improvement plan.
- Advocate for a work environment that minimizes work-related illness and injury.
- Serve as a clinical resource person by providing clinical guidance and by assisting nursing personnel in assessing patient/family status to plan of nursing care.
- Assist in department as needed and maintain specific identified Nurse Manager clinical competencies..
• RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
• Applicable certifications may be required for certain roles.
• One (1) year of experience serving in a leadership role. (examples include but not limited to Clinical Ladder participation, committee chair or participation in Nurse Manager Residency Program).
• Five (5) years of clinical experience
-Must have Neuro experience
-Stroke Certification preferred
This facility is a not-for-profit hospital and designated a Magnet hospital for nursing excellent four consecutive times, They have been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety;