Currently seeking an Nuclear Medical Tech
in the south central area of Virginia.Responsibilities of the Nuclear Medical Tech:
Requirements of the Nuclear Medical Tech:
- Perform a variety of technical diagnostic examinations associated with the operation of imaging equipment to produce diagnostic images of designated portions of the body.
- Observes all regulations concerning radiation protection of patients and staff. Provides age specific care for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric individuals, i.e., tasks necessary for physical care and comfort, supportive tasks and teaching according to standards of care and cultural diversity.
- Assures confidentiality of patient information departmental
- Graduate of a Radiologic Technology program or NM Technology Program.
- Previous clinical experience desired in Radiography and NM.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or NMTCB; Advanced Certification in NM Preferred.
- American Heart Association BCLS certifications required prior to hire.
About the facility and the Area:
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day's drive of two-thirds of the nation's population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City's rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!