Currently seeking an Obstetrics (L&D) Nurse
in the Northwestern area of Nebraska.
Shifts are 12 hour night shifts; Some call may be required. Weekend and holiday rotation. The responsibilities of the Obstetrics (L&D) Nurse
Requirements of the Obstetrics (L&D) Nurse
- Comprehensive care of the obstetrical, post-partum, and newborn patients.
- Cares range from triage of labor patients through high risk delivery (rare occurrence).
- RN will be expected to provide all nursing cares to the antepartum and postpartum patient, and be able to recognize problems with the labor/postpartum patient and intervene appropriately under the direction of a medical provider.
- Must be skilled in sterile vaginal exams, interpreting fetal monitor strips, IV starts, resuscitation of the labor patient and newborn.
- RN will be able to provide education to patients experiencing labor and postpartum care.
- Must be able to competently work in the surgical setting, with OR staff, for routine and emergency Cesearean deliveries.
- Additionally, must be able to competently assess newborns and complete all required health screenings.
- This position provides task assistance, and at times may have patient assignments on the Patient Care Unit (Med-Surg).
- RN is expected to provide nursing care to patients across the life span, working on PCU when OB is closed.
- Bedside handoff report is accomplished at all patient care transitions, including shift change.
About the Facility:
- Current RN Nursing License either NE or Multi-State
- Two years labor and delivery experience. Postpartum experience highly preferred.
- AHA BLS, ACLS, NRP required. AWHONN Fetal Monitoring course, PALS/ENPC, preferred.
This facility is a non-profit, critical access hospital which is owned by the citizens of the county. They are dedicated to serving the needs of residents and visitors alike. They are accredited by the Joint Commission.
This area is a vibrant community known for its quiet neighborhoods and bustling business districts. With many community groups, places to worship, and cultural activities, they offer something for the entire family.