Great opportunity for a Nurse Director of Women's and Children's Services
located northwest Alabama, near Lexington, Alabama along the Tennessee border.Responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Women's and Children's Services:
- This position assumes the leadership role of care within Women’s and Children’s Services.
- This position may require working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Oversees the day to day operations of the patient care in the postpartum GYN, Labor and Delivery, Nursery, and Pediatric units, to include accountability for quality patient care, nursing staff performance and evaluation, budget development and management, staff development, education for staff and community.
- The director also identifies and addresses patients’ needs and priorities, and develops classes to meet these needs.
- Responsible for curriculum and keeping up to date on the changing needs of our patients and families. Promotes collaborative practice with other departments, physicians, and schools of nursing, and exhibits the ability to work with others, to find solutions to difficult technical or administrative problems.
- Qualified Medical Personnel- (QMP) – The Director of Women’s and Children’s Services will be trained and competent to conduct an appropriate medical screening exam on patients with pregnancy related complaints to determine whether an emergency medical condition exists. The RN will have 24- hour back-up from the on-call physician.
Requirements of the Nurse Director of Women's and Children's Services:
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing; BSN required or commitment to obtain.
- Current Alabama RN License.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Women’s Services and/or Children’s.
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Professional Certification in pertinent field within one year of taking position.
- NRP, ACLS certification
About the area:
From the houses on the bluffs overlooking the Tennessee River to the beautiful and historic homes in the city's downtown area, life in this town is full of beauty. Situated on the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River, this area has a rich history. The city is an outdoor lover's dream. Golfers pick from a variety of public and private courses. The river and its system of lakes offers a variety of recreational activities. A mix of manufacturing, service industries, retail, medical and financial institutions give the city stability and strength. This is a shopping and medical & educational hub for the tri-state area.