Great opportunity for a Special Procedures Tech
in the Northern area of Virginia, about 40 miles from Washington DC. Responsibilities of the Special Procedures Tech:
Requirements of the Special Procedures Tech :
- The Special Procedures Technologist works under the general supervision of the Interventional Radiologist.
- The Technologist assists with a variety of diagnostic and interventional radiologic procedures, according to departmental protocol, as requested by the physician order.
- Positions the patient, and sets protocol factors with a high degree of competency on the imaging system.
About the area:
- Graduate from an Accredited Program in one or more medical imaging modalities as described below.
- Must be ARRT RT(R)(VIR) (Or become ARRT VIR Registered within 24 mos. of hire or completing cross-training program).
- 1 year experience as a Interventional Radiologic Technologist.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Fast-paced city life melts into the distance, and your eyes open to the beauty, charm and wonder of Virginia’s Horse & Wine Country. Just 40 miles west of Washington, D.C., at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our pristine parks offer boating, hiking, fishing, playgrounds, and more. Over 26 wineries featuring unique award-winning wines and incredible vistas. Farm tours, pick-your-own farms & orchards, corn mazes, and more. Painting & sculpting, music, theatre, dancing... Find your creative outlet here.