Great opportunity for a Nurse Manager of Behavioral Health Evaluation
in the southern area of Pennsylvania.
This is a permanent, full time, day shift position.Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager of Behavioral Health Evaluation
Requirements of the Nurse Manager of Behavioral Health Evaluation
- As an embedded member of the Behavioral Health Evaluation (BHE) unit with the emergency room, plans, organizes and supervises all clinical staff functions, daily, to ensure quality patient care is provided. Models high quality patient-centered care that supports the clinical frameworks of the Behavioral Health Service Line (BHSL) and the facility.
- Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
- Bachelor of Science Nursing degree from an accredited program; Master of Science Nursing degree with focus in psychiatric and mental health nursing or nursing administration or nursing education for an accredited program for nursing. If not master’s prepared at the time of appointment, willing to obtain master’s degree within 3 years.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing is required
- Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care psychiatric setting
- Previous experience in the role of Nurse Facilitator (Charge Nurse).
- Experience in meeting regulatory compliance related to The Joint Commission, State of Pennsylvania Department of Health, and/or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Current certification in managing violent behavior, with a focus upon de-escalation techniques. If not current, will obtain credential within 90 days of employment.
- BLS Required
This facility is a not-for-profit hospital and designated a Magnet hospital for nursing excellent four consecutive times, They have been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety;