Great opportunity for a Blood Bank Medical Technologist
,Evening Shift, about 1 1/2 hours south of Atlanta, GA.Responsibilities of the Blood Bank Medical Technologist
Requirements of the Blood Bank Medical Technologist
- Working in a very busy Core Lab: chemistry, hematology, coag, urinalysis. Instrumentation: Abbott automation in chemistry, Sysmex in Hematology, Stago in Coag, Iris in Urinalysis. Cerner Millennium is LIS.
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate.
- Baccalaureate degree from accredited college or university to include minimum of 30 quarter hours of lecture science, including at least 15 quarter hours of chemistry, 10 quarter hours of biology and 5 quarter hours of math.
- Registered as ASCP or equivalent as determined by the Professional Director
- Registration as a Medical Technologist by the Board of Registry as ASCP, AMT, NCA or HHS
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience working in the lab of a large hospital setting.
This area is one of those cities that keeps alive the architectural splendour of the Old South. Ever hospitable, the city has one of the south’s largest and most beautiful collections of antebellum churches and homes. Take your time to walk the city streets adorned by thousands of cherry trees, snapping the old brick buildings that have been carefully looked after for many decades. Not too far away you can set off for water-based exploits along the Ocmulgee Water River Water Trail.